What are sprouted seeds?
Sprouted seeds are so-called “activated” or “awakened” seeds. Dry seeds therefore have a power that allows them to remain dormant for a long time. and which allows them to revive and grow as soon as we plant them.
Water only serves to activate the sleeping seed. In order to grow, the seed relies only on itself, and on a reserve of necessary minerals, vitamins, and enzymes.
Germination is a very simple process and accessible to everyone.
Ingredients and materials
- 1.5 heaped tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- 1 bowl
- 1 soup plate (or better, a sprouter)
- some water
- Put the fenugreek seeds in the bowl and fill the bowl halfway with cold water so that the seeds soak well.
- Leave the seeds to soak for 3 to 4 hours. It's a short soak, but the seeds can handle a longer soak, if you ever forget them.
- Rinse the seeds thoroughly.
- Spread the seeds in a deep plate, and make sure they are always moist, spraying them twice a day; you can use . Be careful, if they are too wet, they will rot.
- After 2 or 3 days, the sprouts begin to appear and can already be eaten. Wait 4 or 5 days for the shoots to be well developed and reach full maturity. They will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
Properties of sprouted fenugreek seeds
Sprouted fenugreek seeds have the same virtues as non-sprouted seeds, but their benefits are increased tenfold, hence the interest in consuming them sprouted.
Fenugreek seeds are exceptionally rich in:
- vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B12, C, J and D
- minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, sodium and sulfur.
- flavonoids: antioxidants
- Steroidal saponins: notably diosgenin and yamogenin (compounds with properties similar to estrogen)
How to Eat Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds can really be eaten everywhere.
You can add them to your salads, omelettes, soups, rice, pasta, dishes with sauces...
The advantage of consuming sprouted fenugreek seeds and not dry seeds comes from the fact that once germinated, fenugreek seeds do not cause bad odors when perspiring.