There are different ways to consume flax seeds, in bread, in infusions, in salads...
They are used whole, ground or crushed. You should know that if you eat them whole, the body will not digest them and you will only benefit from the fiber and not at all from its properties.
The smoothie is a good way to consume flax seeds and take advantage of its virtues.
Here is a super quick and easy recipe to make: the vegetable milk smoothie. This smoothie will be perfect for your snacks during the day, or as breakfast in the morning; it can also replace a meal during “small hunger”. It is lactose-free thanks to vegetable milk and therefore suitable for everyone!
Many plant-based milks can be used for this recipe depending on individual tastes; still prefer sugar-free milks. And instead choose sweet fruits (dates, strawberries, bananas, figs, etc.) or honey if you are looking for a sweet taste. Seasonal fruit is always best, but frozen fruit can also work.
- a handful of fruit (except citrus fruits): strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, bananas, etc.
- a large glass of vegetable milk: almond, oat, soy, rice...
- 2 tbsp. teaspoon of flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, etc. (optional)
- Some dried fruits with sweetening power: 3 dates or a large dried fig, 2 tbsp. tablespoon of raisins...
- In a blinder, put 1/2 glass of vegetable milk.
- Add all the solid ingredients, mix for at least 1 minute at maximum power, until you obtain a thick, smooth and frothy drink.
- Add the rest of the milk, then mix again